Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Bala Chaturdashi.Thousand of Hindu devotees from across the country have...

Bala Chaturdashi 2019.Thousands of Hindu devotees from across the country have thronged the Pashupatinath temple to pay homage to their near and dear ones, who died over the last one year, on the occasion of Bala Chaturdashi.
The day is also called satbij chharne din. Camping under the open sky or tents arranged by the Pashupati Area Development Trust, the bereaved ones observe penance, light oil lamps and keep themselves awake throughout the night, praying for the departed souls to rest in heaven a day before Bala Chaturdashi.
They also sing and dance to hymns in memory of the departed souls.



















1 comment:

  1. Came here for photography and I like what I see. Fish eye photos are very nice! I had both circular and rectangle in the past, I never learnt how to use them properly so I traded them to something else. Greeting from Finland!

    ReplyDelete